14 December, 2009

Christmas Challenge! Day 14

Each year the girls and I assemble goodie bags to give to their friends for Christmas. I typically buy the goodie bags found at the Dollar tree, throw in a few pieces a candy and their mini-photo Christmas card and we're done.

But, this year, I wanted to try something new. I have seen this idea other places, but was recently inspired by Amy at Living Locurto and her goodie bag label that she made - which, by the way, is a downloadable freebie... check it out!

Well, I thought to myself... I can do that for the girls and make it customized for them. So, I did. Here's my version:

The girls loved this idea and thought it looked like they bought it from a store! I created the design, put three to a page and had them printed at Kinko's on cardstock. I could have printed them on my home color printer, but the quality of using a laser printer far surpasses my inkjet printer. Since I put three labels to a page, each label tag came out to be about $.42/each. Since I needed 36 labels, I ended up spending a bit more than I would typically spend, but they turned out so cute, I could not resist!

Be sure to check out Goodwill Gal too! I'm posting for the 25 Days of Christmas Blogging Challenge there as well!

4 comments:

  1. You are a mad blogger! Good job Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those do look store bought! Great idea and very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Your designs turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.