I made a batch of spiced candied walnuts for a salad a few weeks ago. The salad called for mango-citrus dressing, bleu cheese, crumbled bacon and spiced candied walnuts over fresh spinach. It was delish!
Spiced Candied Walnuts
http://www.epicurious.com
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1 cup walnuts (about 3 1/2 ounces)
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Combine walnuts and all remaining ingredients in medium bowl; toss to coat. Spread nut mixture on prepared baking sheet (some nuts may clump together). Bake until nuts are deep golden and sugar mixture is bubbling, stirring occasionally to break up clumps, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on wax paper.
Be sure to check out Goodwill Gal too! I'm posting for the 25 Days of Christmas Blogging Challenge there as well! I have a guest blogger today! My good friend Amanda whom I've known since we were in 3rd grade!
Share the recipe for salad/dressing for pecans I am making? Sounds so yummy... and I am going to be putting bags of these in baskets for special someones...THANX (love the GW blog too - keep it up)
ReplyDelete