18 March, 2009

Dirty Little Secret

If I had more time, I'd submit a weekly blog post called "Dirty Little Secrets", but I don't have time anymore since I began a job and since I've turned off the computer.

But, here is today's dirty little secret...

Did you know that you can pop whole kernel popcorn in a brown paper sack in the microwave? Ummm, yeah. I didn't know either until I can across an article somewhere about it. Honestly, the idea escaped me until last week when I was cruising the popcorn section looking for those 100 calorie mini-bags of popcorn. Then I saw the price - and then I remembered the cheap version of microwave popcorn.

So, I cruised on over to the paper good aisle, bought 100 brown paper sacks for $1.50 and never looked back at the popcorn aisle again!

So, how do you do it? Well, it is a trial and error kind of thing, since everyone's microwave is different. But, I'll tell you what worked for me.

1/4 cup popcorn
1 brown bag
2 mins in the microwave on High.

There ya go... Easy enough! I am sure you could add a drop or two of oil and salt, etc. before you pop it, but since I wanted plain 'ole non-flavored popcorn, I just added a smidgen of popcorn salt at the end.

So, go on... try out this dirty little secret!

5 comments:

  1. GREAT IDEA ! - I would newer have thougt of this myself - THANKS I'll try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your last post I expected something much juicier :) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best ideas!! We will try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on someone's blog once! I haven't tried it. They stapled the bag shut and used oil... how did you keep your bag to stay closed?

    Hope your job is going well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this idea somewhere as well, but have never tried it. Sounds like a great way to save $$.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.