19 March, 2009

Impending Dread

About this time each year I get that feeling in the pit of my stomach of dread.

I dread the upcoming 7 months of excruciating heat. Yeah, that's right... April through October. And don't say I'm exaggerating either... you Texan's know good and well that most Halloween nights your kids are sweating in their costumes.

So, the dread part... yeah, that is sad isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I love Spring. LOVE IT. I love the promise that Spring brings... new life, green grass, budding flowers, etc., etc. Oh sure, that's all great! But, what I don't like is the drastic end to winter we always seem to have around here.

There is not 'easing' into Spring. Nope. It's cold one week, then BAM! it's 80+ the next week and there ain't no looking back.

I know there are some of you out there that love the heat and say, "Bring it on!", and yes, to some teeny-tiny part of me agrees, because I don't do winter well either...but man, it is already hot outside.

So, now the dilemma is: since we are experiencing 80+ temps, is it okay for flip-flops? How about sandals? Tank tops? Bright Spring-y colors? Summery handbags?

What's the protocol here? Because really, I don't know how much black I can wear in the blazing sun.

Okay, that's all on the matter...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/19/2009

    There's a Texan in my Bible study (planning to move back there this summer), and she has the same complaint. She said she doesn't even go outside in the summers there unless it's from her house to her car. I don't know whether I would like it more or less than Minnesota's 7-month winter. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. See - that's because you're now working and cant just dress as you would like in flip flops and shorts. I know the feeling but our summer is not as long and not as warm - and when it is really warm in Denmark - bare feet in your sandals are accepted at work and TG for that as I can melt in a pair of tights as quickly as the witch from Oz. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even fathom it...we long for summer here in Ohio and relish the 80 degree weather for as long as we can. But our "hot" weather is nearly the same as yours.

    I'm still a bit jealous though! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.