I know most of you will probably have one of two reactions to my update:1.) Really? I'm surprised...
2.) It was only a matter of time...
The news is that I have gained about 5 pounds. Yes, it is true. Five pounds and it is all in my butt.
I can blame it on several things... since working I've lost the luxury of spending 1.5 hours in the gym every day. Or, the fact that I scaled back my cardio in lieu of weight lifting, thus lowering my metabolism... of course, if I had been weight lifting consistently, my metabolism would probably still be up there. Or, I could blame it on my winter evening snack which consisted of a big ol mug of steaming homemade hot chocolate... don't forget the mountain of whipped cream I would occassionally add (oh, who am I kidding... it was more than occassional) AND the tablespoon of choc. syrup I'd add as a finishing touch.
Honestly, I blame my weight gain on the hot chocolate. Furthermore, I blame Elisan's school for it. See? The reason is that they had a Valentine's Ice Cream party and I signed up to bring 2 cans of whipped cream and 2 bottles chocolate syrup. But, they didn't use it all, so I brought it back home. Rather than seeing it go to waste here, began (slowly) adding a smidgen here and a smidgen there. Then, it was so yummy, I could hardly control myself. Soon, I was piling on mountains of the yummy whipped cream! I even bought another can once I polished off the leftover cans from the party!
I quickly snapped to my senses (when all of my homemade hot chocolate mix was gone) and have repented. And what do I have to show for it? Five pounds of stubborn weight that is not budging!
There is a lesson in all of this... stay away from the whipped cream.
Don't sweat it! Five pounds is a normal weight fluctuation! You are doing something about it so I wouldn't worry too much; it will come off!
ReplyDeleteDuly noted! I have about 10 lbs I would love to lose, but so far only about 2 are staying off. It's like my body has found a new homeostasis and I need to do something drastic to get it to budge. Sigh...
ReplyDeletePoor you - at least you know where it came from - but PLEASE don't send any of these kiloes in my direction - I have enough here thanks....
ReplyDeleteI have been know to actually just open my mouth and shoot some of that wonderful whipped cream right into it! Yum - life just doesn't get any better than that....until I step on the scales too. Oh well, sometimes it's worth it.
ReplyDeleteHere's my trick for losing weight...
ReplyDeleteHave one of your kids give you the horrible, awful, no-good, terrible flu! I've lost five pounds that way and (knock on wood!) it hasn't come back yet.
I don't think it was worth it though!