
When I think about my childhood friends, my first thought is about Amy and Amanda, my two oldest friends.
Yesterday, we had the opportunity to get together and visit. Amy, who lives in Dallas drove down to Austin to see a friend who's husband is stationed in Germany. Her college friend was in town for a couple of days and Amy was able to sneak away to come for a visit.
While she was down in Austin, we all made plans to meet at Amanda's house (who also lives in Austin) for a visit!
It was just like old times and before we knew it, THREE hours had passed and we were still talking and catching up. We even broke out the old high school annual and talked about all of the people we've reconnected with through Facebook. It was such a great time and I wish we could get together more often.
It is a good reminder about what having a GOOD friend is all about! Someone who knows you... (from the time I was 8/9 years old) who has seen you have failures and triumphs, yet, still loves you. Someone who accepts you... knows the basis of your beliefs... and at the end of the day, understands you completely.
Thanks Amanda and Amy for such a great time yesterday. LOVE YOU!
We really are blessed. I love that we can spend a whole afternoon visiting and it still isn't enough! (On the pic, you were supposed to cut off the bottom. I'm wearing house slippers! Ugh! Makes me look like an old lady.)
ReplyDeleteI know exaxtly what you mean. I am lucky enough to have 4 friends from 1st grade I still meet with at least every 2nd month. (That's the beauty of living in a smaller country - we're NOT that far apart). Sometimes when we are here and talking and laughing my DH asks - are you in your 50's or 15's?? I'm happy for you to have the same experience. As I read somewhere "it takes a LOOOONG time to grow an old friend". Hugs from one of your newer pals....
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! It is great to have such great friends!
ReplyDelete