Thank so everyone who commented on my "I need a Vacation!" post.
Randy and I agreed on taking a cruise in July. While, it may not be my ultimate vacation... by a long shot... it is economical, it is something I don't have to toil over Trip Advisor to plan, and it departs from Galveston, with will not require us to purchase plane tickets. So, there it is... in a nutshell. Cheap and Easy!
Actually, I'm pretty excited about the lack of planning that will be entailed with this trip. Because I am a planner by nature, I tend to over-analyze which basically sucks the fun out of everything and by the time vacation rolls around I would know everything there is to know about said destination, thus taking the element of surprise along with it.
So, I plan to go with the flow and roll with the tide on this trip. So unlike me, but so freeing as well.
What are your ports-of-call? My co-worker is cruising this week. It's her third trip. They love it. I hear that you can show up with your bags packed the day they leave and get some awesome deals if they have rooms available. Not bad for us just being 30 minutes away.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time- smart to avoid the arilines, yikes!
ReplyDeleteOoh! Should be fun! Everyone I know who has ever been on a cruise says that they're awesome.
ReplyDeleteI would probably want to go on one except for that whole, you know...being on a boat in the middle of the ocean thing. You are a braver soul than I am, that's for sure.