The first one, was our honeymoon to Las Vegas. It was really great.
The second vacation was a road trip through New Orleans, Atlanta to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - yes... home of Dollywood. We met up with Randy's folks in Pigeon Forge and stayed in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains. I'll be honest here... this wasn't a vacation to go down in the history books.
The third vacation was a church ski trip. I was 12 weeks pregnant and did not ski. The only thing I did was hang out with a bunch of people I really didn't know. Randy had fun. I did not. Oh, and did I mention it was a bus trip? Yes, a Greyhound bus trip. 20 something hours on a bus, while pregnant = NO FUN!
(Randy would interject here and say that our 7 month stay in Denmark constituted a 7 month long vacation. And while that may be true, in some regards, I don't really consider it a true vacation...)
So, as you can see, our vacations have been less than lackluster, aside from our honeymoon (and living in Denmark!)
Over the weekend, we made plans to take a vacation in July. Randy's folks have agreed to keep both girls for the week and we're going to have a week long vacation! Yippee!
So, I need help. First up, I need a destination... gimme some ideas! I need ideas! No car trips, please. I'm open to anything, under $4K. (Preferably less, but we understand that vacations are costly!)
THOUGHTS?
International: Xpu-Ha Palace in Mexico - about an hour south of Cancun. The all-inculsive resort is in a eco-park; it is really spread out over the grounds and the restaurants/etc. were tucked into the "jungle".
ReplyDeleteUS: NYC, NYC, NYC! I can't wait to go back! I could go on and on about that city!
I have no idea what prices are like these days, but internationally, I would suggest Canoa Quebrada, Brazil (I was there in July of '99, and it was beautiful, sunny, and lots of things to do and see).
ReplyDeleteStateside, I've been to California several times and enjoyed it immensely. Last April, Husband and I landed in San Diego, drove up through LA to Bakersfield, into Sequoia National Park, into Visalia (orchard country), back through the mountains to the Palm Springs area and to Joshua Tree National Park, then back to San Diego. Since we never drove more than 4 or 5 hours in a day (and that only twice), it didn't seem that bad. If you were to go one place in CA, I'd recommend San Diego. There's enough there to keep you busy for awhile (Sea World, the zoo, the beach and boardwalk, shopping, amazing restaurants, Old Town, and you could cross the border into Mexico if you wanted).
As much as I would looove for you to come here.... I understand if it is NOT on the top of your list.
ReplyDeleteWith the figure you have, I would go somewhere with a lovely beach, a romantic sunset, some fun things to do and some interesting things to see. But my knowledge of your country is limited to NYC as that is the only place I have been. LOVED it - but wouldn't go there in July.
HAWAII!!!! There are endless things to do there. I can't wait to go back! Plus you will look smok'n in a bathing suit:)
ReplyDeleteMy first thought was to suggest Napa Valley / Sonoma with a hop through San Francisco. But Cindy's right -- with your new bod, you should go someplace where you can show it off! How about a cruise? We enjoyed ours last year, and it would even better without dealing with naps and bedtimes for the kiddos.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear where you go!
With July being the time you can really go anywhere and it will be warm. Thoughts....
ReplyDeleteParadise Island, Bahamas - Aruba - Cozumel for true tropical.
For Florida there is Naples - the Keys - Destin - and believe it or not WDW is great for adults only.
Or what about doing Cape Cod or the Maine coast? These are great for B&B's, so romantic! And you can get beach time as well as activities.
I've always wanted to do parts of Canada in the summer like Chateau Lake Louise. Montreal and Quebec City are wonderful. You feel like you are in Europe.
Ah, the possibilites are endless....... Yeah for you and Randy! :)
we did a cruise- super cheap, also try all-inclusive in the Caribbean, we did Cozumel for a week really cheap, I will send you links, beside you gotta do a beach to show off your bod!
ReplyDeleteI loved Chicago last May. Great shopping, food, shows, museums, water, baseball, you've got it all! Cheap flights direct from Austin and great public transportation to get around.
ReplyDeleteWe went to Jamaica several Spring Breaks ago to a Sandals Resort. Given that we have only been to Corpus Christi beach we had a great time, it's couples only, no singles and no kids. All inclusive, great food (buffets) for breakfast and lunch, snacks all day and great resturants at night. You can also resort/island hop. Great feature! Super nice people and lots to do around off the resort, but get back before dark:) For REAL!
ReplyDelete