18 June, 2007

What's Cooking!

Last week, I was doing a search on Food Network for a yummy, fresh tomato pasta sauce. And, guess what? I found THE recipe for the best fresh tomato pasta sauce! Look no further!

Plus, the beauty of this recipe is that you don't cook the sauce. It's light and easy for Summer.



Angle Hair With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Recipes adapted from Gourmet Magazine

2 cups seeded, and coarsely chopped Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, minced
1 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves, minced
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
3 garlic cloves, or to taste, minced
2 teaspoons salt
1 pound angel hair
Fresh parsley to garnish
**Optional: 1 tblsp small capers

Make tomato sauce:
In a bowl combine well all the sauce ingredients and let the sauce stand at room temperature, covered, for at least 1 hour. Toss with hot cooked pasta.

** I added the capers to my rendition and it was yummy!
**I also sauteed some shrimp and served along with the pasta. A definite must!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/18/2007

    This is a great pasta sauce for the summer. I have used it for many years. No hot kithen cooking a long simmering sauce. So fresh and lite. Everyone try this, you will love it.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.