20 June, 2007

One big heaping of A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E, please...

Galatians 6:7
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

I tell you what, my God is a smart God. I mean, he knows what he is talking about.

So, the question at hand is: Why am I shocked that MY daughter is exhibiting signs of major attitude?

If only I had the time (effort and energy) to catalog all of the occurrences of B.A. in this household, you too, would be shocked. But, let's not forget that tried and true biblical truth:

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW

Yes, that's right. I too, exhibited B.A. in my parent's house growing up.

I think my mom would agree, that my B.A. years didn't begin until... oh, around 16... don't ya think, Mom? So, imagine my surprise when my FIVE year old begins to toss around "HMMPHS!" when she doesn't get her way - or, better yet... when she does get her way.

Or, the times when she will she will make everyone in the house miserable because - again, she doesn't get her way. The fact that she knows how to do that, amazes me. I don't think I learned the silent treatment until waaay into my adolescent years.

Oh, and this is a good one... when she is sitting in time-out and the timer will go off and I announce to her that she may get up from time out, she will just sit there, glaring at me and continue to stay in the time-out spot. And what do I do? I reset the timer for another 5 minutes because I'm not going to let my five year old even "think" she has the upper hand. Yep, that works on her every time.

I'm not going to lie here, folks... I still have attitude issues. Just ask my husband, or mom, or friends. But, perhaps now is the time to get control of my emotions and stop the B.A. If not for my own sake, but for the sake of the sanity of our household, because KM isn't far behind Elisan in the attitude department. And two girls...?

(LIGHTBULB MOMENT HERE: So wait... Randy wasn't joking when he said he was going to buy a patch of land and pitch a tent to escape to? )

1 comment:

  1. I can completely relate since I'm in the same 5 yr. old boat. Can I bring my camper to your land?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.