05 June, 2007

Pressing forward!

Back in April, I blogged about a major life choice that Randy and I are currently facing.

We are still in that place of indecision, but I am more open to discuss it now.

Randy will likely be asked to take a temporary job assignment in China. The job assignment would likely for two years. I am tempted to say "only two years", but I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the thought that we could be living in China for two years - give or take.

The job has not been offered, but realistically, he is the most qualified for it. It is only a matter of time before the business contracts are finalized and the deals are closed, and at that point, we assume that the offer will be made.

So here I am... waiting.

We've done the overseas job assignment before, but it was in Europe. And let's be honest... Europe is a far cry from China.

Because there are so many unknowns about China, I can't even imagine what life would be like there. My mind is swimming with all of these various scenarios - true or made up. It is mind boggling.

I could blah, blah, blah about it all day long, but whining about the unknown is fruitless.

So, I wait. And pray. And believe that God will guide our decision about this major life choice.

2 comments:

  1. That is the best attitude given the circumstance.

    xo LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW it is quite a big one. I am sure with prayer it will turn out for the best.
    Suzie Sews

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.