14 October, 2013

I caved to the pressure

So, it's been 2 years since I gave up Facebook.  In fact, it's been two years THIS month.  Wow! And it's been a good two years.  No, really it has.

I will admit, I check out the girls' school Facebook often (it's pubic) to stay in the "know" of what's going on at the school, but really, that's the extent of my Facebook usage... Oh, and I have two really good friends who send me updates on friends who post big news or info on people (not necessarily good friends, more like acquaintances) who post interesting details about their lives, etc. 

And, that's all I need as far as keeping up with Facebook.

But, I was sitting with a group of girlfriends a few weeks ago and she pulled up her Instagram app on her phone and was showing me some pictures she took of her kids and I was intrigued.

Y'all, I have had an Instagram account since it came out several years ago, but never really did anything with it... but after seeing my friends use it, I decided I'd give it another go.

See, here's my thought on Instagram... it's like a mini blog.  You post a picture and a caption... everyone is updated.  Because let's face it... my blog is going the way of the dodo bird.  The truth of the matter is... I love my blog... I just don't have time TO blog.  But instagram is... well... instant and virtually effortless... if you don't mind seeing oftentimes low quality pictures of my life shared on a social media platform.

So here I am:
http://instagram.com/elswagner

Follow me... block me... whatever.  If you are wondering where I am... you might want to check Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You gave into the dark side! Am I the friend who gives you updates b/c I have not been on in awhile either. I've been using it for our homeschool group, but that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just went a whole month without blogging

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.