18 November, 2013

Where art thou?

Ooops, has it been a month already since I last posted on my blog?  That dang instagram is getting all of my love these days.

I wish I could tell you that life around here has been more than soccer practices and games, with a little bit of school volunteering thrown in for added stress… but I can't.  Because that's what the last month has amounted to.

I do admit, I have had a fun thing or two tossed in for good measure, but truthfully… not a whole lot going on.

However, in short, here's quick recap of the last month…

Fall soccer is over.  Kyla's team finished 4th place out of 11 teams and Elisan's team finished 4th place out of 12 teams.

Elisan's team had a amazing season with only 9 goals scored against them in 11 games.  (To give you a perspective… the first place team had 14 goals scored against them - they just won more games.)  And since Elisan is a goalie… well, that means she did a great job (along with our rocking defense.)


Kyla's team did well this year.  They came up against some fierce competition, but held their own. In fact, here's Kyla holding her own in last weekend's game.


I've had a few photo shoots this month and I've been very pleased with the results.  







There are times when I "think" I want to do this professionally (i.e. get paid), but I need to do a few more things (in the photography area) before I start.  One, upgrade my current camera.  Take a class on lighting.  More hands on training.

I recently had the opportunity to assist a friend who is an amazing photographer for a recent outdoor family photoshoot and a newborn photo shoot in her home studio.  It was such an awesome experience and was really eye opening into what needs to take place to get that perfect shot.

I believe that my photos have come a long way in the last two years, but I still have a ways to go.  Until then, I'm saving every dollar and selling anything/everything on eBay to save up enough money to upgrade my camera!

In other news, over the weekend, Randy brought us girls to the qualifying round for Formula One.  The Circuit of the Americans was JAM PACKED with people… and it wasn't even race day!


 I have my camera on a high shutter speed to capture this shot.  
These cars were going SUPER fast!

Sebastian Vettell… he has won 8 consecutive F1 races this year alone,
including the on in Austin over the weekend.



Finally, my birthday is coming in up in three weeks.  I'll be forty-one.  Yikes.  That is totally surreal to me, especially considering the fact I still feel 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Just play nice.