We arrived in Estes Park with Elisan suffering from car sickness, so we grabbed a quick dinner and called it a day. Poor thing. She has terrible motion sickness.
Big Horn Sheep... right along the side of the road.
We are total posers here. We weren't able to visit this National Park, but we can't resist a NP sign!
So, instead of hiking in Estes Park, we opted for a tour of the historic Stanley Hotel.
(I took this picture from our moving vehicle... Isn't it just beautiful?)
"Stephen King got the idea for The Shining after staying in room 217 in the almost empty hotel on the night before it closed for an extended period." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stanley_Hotel
After touring the Stanley Hotel, we hopped in the car for a long day's travel to Amarillo!







We adore Estes and visit frequently! It's about an hour from our house. If I'd known you were going to be there, I would have recommended you visit the glass blowing shop--we go there just about every time we visit and never tire of it. If you ever head this way again, I'd love to offer advise on some of our favorite places with you!
ReplyDelete