19 May, 2011

I made the switch!

For nearly a year, Randy has been begging/bribing me to make the switch from my beloved Sprint cell phone service and move to Boost $50 unlimited (text, internet/data, minutes) service plan.

Okay, I'll admit... it's not really my "beloved" Sprint service...it's more like my beloved phone number I've had forever.

I'll be honest here, I loathe getting emails from people that say, "please update my contact information with this new phone number" because truth be told, I rarely do. Unless, it's like my mom or someone as equally as important. And I didn't want my new phone number to to fall prey to laziness. (Tell me I'm not alone here!)

For the last several weeks, Randy has been hitting me up pretty hard about making the switch to Boost, since my Sprint contract would expire in May. But I kept telling him I didn't want to change phone numbers.

So, he did a bit of research and because Sprint owns Boost (and Boost operates on Sprint's network) there really was no need to change numbers. People, this is contrary to what EVERY Sprint representative has ever told us. I can't tell you how many times Randy and I went into a Sprint store looking for someone to tell us that, yes, in fact, I would be able to keep my phone number after all. But, no such luck! Maybe something about Sprint not wanting to lose business/income to it's "no-contract-step-sister" called Boost.

In effort to keep the peace in my family (and increase my calling plan) I finally agreed to make the switch to Boost... AND, with that, I agreed to get a new number if I had to.

Well, to make a long story short... After staying on the phone for nearly 30 minutes, Randy was able to get my new Galaxy Prevail Android (Boost) phone activated with my current phone number!

Y'all my husband ROCKS! This totally made my day!

And, if you are wondering... I love my new phone.

One of the coolest features on my phone is the voice activated typing. So neat! I can send emails without typing a thing! Same goes for using Facebook, etc. And because it's a Android phone, I have most (if not all) of the same apps I'm used to using on my iPod.

All of this for $50.00 a month (with the purchase of the phone, of course.) I'm totally sold on Boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Just play nice.