This year, I decided to do the same thing! Along with the consumable items, I created some postcards for the teachers to use if they need to communicate with a parent. I created one postcard and formatted four 4.5 x 5 postcards per 8.5 x 11 page. I printed the cards on cardstock and cut them out.
To finish off this simple project, I created matching circle sticker labels to tag the gift. (I made the circle stickers generic so I could use them for other gifts, etc.)
I created the circle label in Photoshop Elements using a downloaded freebie doodle brush for the birdie and conversation bubble. I added the text and selected a cute font. I saved the file as a .png file (which saves the file with a transparent background.)
Since I still haven't figured out how to format a page of stickers in Photoshop, I opted to use Scrapbook Factory Deluxe for layout and formatting. It's a bit time consuming using two different software, but it works well enough for me.
I printed the labels on a full size sheet of sticker paper. I found this sticker paper at Walmart and it was about $5.00 for 10 full size 8.5 x 11 sticker sheets.Using my circle punch, I punch out the stickers as needed. Very cute and personalized! Who doesn't love personalized stuff? I know I do!
Finding the full size sticker paper has opened a whole new world of ideas for me! I'm thinking... cutesy address labels, birthday present labels, Christmas gift labels, etc.
Way to go! I love this idea!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!! Did you have a hard time pealing the backing off? I struggled with that when we made the hippo stickers.
ReplyDeleteErica-
ReplyDeleteThis totally rocks. I need to grab some of your skills.
Thanks for sharing.
Marcie