It's another installment of my complaining/whining about clothes.
Y'all, I used to love to shop for clothes. My favorite past-time used to be shopping for clothes. But, now? I hate it. I loathe it.
Why? Because I'm too darn thrifty (or cheap?!) and I have a hard time letting go of cash for new clothes. Oh sure, I see shirts/tops that I really like, but seriously, I will not pay $50.00 for a shirt. It's not going to happen.
How much does the average person pay for a shirt? Pants? Shoes?
Where does a woman who is closing in on 38 shop for clothes? Is it time I began shopping at better stores and spending more money on my wardrobe, rather than at the trendy-ish clothing stores? I can't afford Anthropology, Boden, SAKS... heck, I can't even afford the GAP. So, really... what's a gal to do? I want to look nice, stylish, hip, but not cheap and clueless.
And finally, what's up with all of the bling-y shirts/tops? Because there is a lot of bling-y stuff out there right now. Does everything have to have bling on it? And how much bling is too much bling? Just asking...
I can so totally relate! I'm not willing to pay a lot for clothes (or shoes or accessories) either. My top places to shop are Ross-especially for cute shirts, Kohl's-especially for pants/capris (there is always a sale, coupons, etc. or other incentives to be used) and sometimes Target-although lately I've not been so impressed with the clothes there. I don't care for all the bling that is out there right now which is making it harder and harder to find things I like.
ReplyDeleteI agree- let's tone down the bling! I like Stein Mart, Kohl's, Macys when they are having a sale and sometimes Old Navy. Don't forget Retail Me Not for coupons before you head out.
ReplyDeleteTJMaxx and Marshalls and Macys on sale. No bling here just whales...:)
ReplyDeleteI hate shopping! I am a tight wad, no denying it. But I do really like Gap and Banana Republic outlet. They have petites. I also like TJ Maxx. I cannot stand Kohl's b/c I hate shopping for the price, just put the real price and skip the weekly sales. I have not shopped in months, probably not even this year, that is how much I hate shopping. I did like Plato's before I got preggo, but I am getting to the point where I am tired of resale b/c I am tired of the hunt.
ReplyDelete