There's a sickie in the house. And her name (thankfully) is not Mom. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish illness on my children and in the name of pain, I'd gladly take on her illness in her place, if it were possible. But, since it isn't possible to assume someone's pain/illness on their behalf, let's just say... it's a lot easier to put on a movie featuring dogs and horses for my girl, rather than try to keep everyone fed and in clean clothes as a mom... who is sick.
Ahem... moving right along.
Due to this unforseen sickness, we've already had to cancel plans with friends yesterday, and will likely have to cancel plans with friends for tomorrow. I'm a bit sad for Elisan because I know she was looking forward to seeing her friends, but she is thankfully old enough to realize that her friends don't want her germs and it's not me being mean for withholding fun... oh because, I've been accused of that one before.
Speaking of old enough... Elisan and I had the full on "HEX TALK" last week. It was good and the timing could not have been better. What better time to talk about hex than in the summer... that way, she'll have the opportunity to ponder all things hex related at home and ask appropriate questions to me and not her friends. I do have to say, the look on her face when she realized what mommies and daddies "do"... well, that was priceless. Worth every ounce.
The girls are heading out of town this weekend for another week to be spent with grandparents. I think I'm going to tackle my craft room that week while they are gone. Randy and I cannot come to terms about what to do. He is pretty much set on the fact that we need the spare bed/bedroom downstairs, so whatever...
But, while I've been contemplating what I want to accomplish in this room, I realized... I don't do crafts anymore.
- I don't scrapbook - although I have Kyla's baby book to finish.
- I don't stamp - although I have a lot of stamps and several ink pads.
- I don't sew (well) - although I have a sewing machine... (maybe a class is in order?)
- I don't do paper crafting/card making - that kind of falls somewhere between scrapbooking and stamping.
- I don't make hair bows anymore - because the girls refuse to wear them.
- I very rarely make jewelry - but this doesn't take up much room.
- You get the gist...
The girls enjoy doing crafts and projects and I'll keep an area set up for them, but really... I think I'm done trying to keep up with multiple "crafts" that, honestly, I'm no good at. So, back to the drawing board for me. I'll let you know what I come up with.
Well folks, that's about it. Happy Wednesday!
What's that "which I am no good at". NONSENSE - I remember your scrapbooks and I have seen the stuff you made with a sewing machine for the girls bday parties. Surely you can save a little space for your crafting - just not do so many different ones. Speaking about Bdays and Elisan - any ideas yet as to what her theme will be. I will be in France two first weeks of August and would love to get something ready before I leave. Hugs (and well done on the "talk")
ReplyDeleteYou are a good mom! I am scared of the full on "talk!!"
ReplyDeleteAs for the craft room, I'm w/Charlie. Save a little space for crafts, then you can do them when you need to but not all the time. I have a small space I use for sewing, cards, or whatever. Especially sewing. You can't do that on your computer! :)
Hope R & E are better soon and that you and K stay well. I really feel your pain on the crafty situation. I keep thinking "if it were organized I WOULD get back to doing these things" and then I think "if I get it organized I have no excuse not to be doing these things" I just really look good keeping the couch from floating around the living room. :-(
ReplyDeleteby the way - is there a transcript available on the hex talk? I need time to memorize....
ReplyDelete