So, the other day I saw an auction at Goodwill for a lot of 6 used American Girl dolls. Since they were in a glass case, I was unable to get in a good inspection/sniff test, but they appeared to be in a good condition. The girls went crazy for them and begged me to bid on the dolls. I put in a decent bid, but prepared them for the fact that we'll probably not win. But, now I'm wondering... since the dolls are $100/each retail (new), what would a used doll go for? And a lot of 6?
The auction takes place on Saturday and I was going to go in and check out the bidding activity, but I'm curious and pose the question to Goodwill shoppers and non-Goodwill shoppers alike... what's it worth to you? I ask because I don't want to over bid for them, but don't want to shortchange it either.
(And please know that if I see any familiar names on the bid sheet after reading this blog entry... I'm coming after you!)
I found my craft room inspiration... FINALLY! I really love the concept of the top picture and plan to re-org along these lines. I love the peg board, which is simple and easy. I have a pegboard in my laundry (catch all) room and we use it to hang our purses, backpacks, keys, hats, brooms, etc. It's just a great option. I like how she painted the pegboard to add a nice pop of color.
The IKEA accessories are perfect and cost friendly! I always appreciate a break in cost!
In the bottom left picture, I love how this crafter installed a metal curtain rod to store her assorted punches. I don't have nearly that amount of punches, but I like what she did here.
I'm excited to have visual inspiration for a space similar to mine. Maybe this will be painless afterall.
Like the craft room ideas. Cute! :)
ReplyDeleteNo idea on the dolls, sorry!
I've seen individual AG dolls on craigslist for 25-30 each, so I might bid $150-180 for six. But we are way in to AG here, as you know. :-)
ReplyDelete