16 April, 2010

Test and Prove

For those of you that don't know, I am married to a Chemical Engineer. Granted, he does not work in the chemical engineering field, but by degree, he has a lot of scientific knowledge of all things relating to applied chemistry.

In a way... he's like a scientist who must test and prove theories and processes on a daily basis, even in his current position.

Why am I bringing this up? Because living with a scientist (of sorts) can be annoying at times. Let me draw an illustration for you...

Yesterday afternoon he walked in the door from work and I said, "Kyla's soccer practice is rained out tonight." (He's the coach of her team.)

He says, "When did you check?"

I say, "A few minutes ago."

He then proceeds to pick up the phone and call the rain-out number, to test and prove that soccer practice was indeed canceled for the evening.

Of course, this isn't the first time he's tested and proved something I've told him. It happens all the time and he doesn't even realize he's doing it.

Last night before bed I poked fun at him for his testing and proving methods. He said... "Someone has to make sure a car will stop when the brake is applied, or that an airplane will fly every time it hits the runway, right?"

I conceded. Yes, I suppose that's true.

I married an engineer/scientist. What did I expect?

3 comments:

  1. if the plane HITS the runway...I don't believe it is flying at that point. I think that maneuver is called crashing. Might point that out to him and put the blame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I mis-spoke - typed... whatever... like "hit the road", get going, etc... Not literally "hit". That must be a correctional professional thing... taking things literally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW bless him. I needed a good laugh. I am no engineer but guilty of pressing to button when I reach the lift even with other people waiting - JUST in case they didn't press it correctly. =0)
    Silly I know .... but test and proove is good in the work I normally do too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.