15 April, 2010

Random stuff

On Monday, I had the pleasure to attend morning Chapel at the girls' school. In addition, the 3rd grade classes were performing their "Heroes of the Faith" presentation. It was lots of fun to see all of the kids dressed in their "period costumes". Elisan was Florence Nightingale. I made... actually sewed from scratch... her apron and skirt. Impressive, ain't it? (Especially since sewing is not my thing.)

I also enjoyed seeing Kyla enjoying the praise music the kids sang at Chapel. Our school is run by the Baptist church in Round Rock. I didn't know Baptists were so charismatic!
Yesterday, I made an impromtu trip to a bluebonnet patch near our house on the way home from school. The girls have been wanting to get in the middle of a bluebonnet patch ever since they sprouted a month ago! With all of the rain we got this past fall and winter, the bluebonnets really made a showing this spring.

Remember this necklace I posted a picture of last week? I made my knock off version last night and I'm pretty excited with how it turned out. My version cost me around $9.00.


And finally, if you like spicy food, allow me to suggest this. It's Spicy Hatch Pozole soup by Central Market brand for HEB, . Very good and very spicy. I added shredded roasted pork to my bowl with some crumbled tortilla chips, with a side of avocado. This jar only served 2 and it was kind of expensive, but it was a nice change of pace around here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erica! Ok, you have to tell me where that bluebonnet patch is. I have some pics to take! and I have been on the prowl for a good spot, that does not involve a dangerous highway!

    Love your necklace! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.