20 April, 2010

In Loving Memory


Today, I learned that my cousin Sean passed away today. Sean leaves behind a wife and four children.

Sean is one of my first cousins on my dad's side of the family. The Sullivan side of my family is a tight knit group of folks. This is the family that gets together without fail, every Christmas and squeezes into a rented building and celebrates as a family. (Yes, rented building, because there are so many of us.) So, as you can imagine, his death (along with the recent death of my uncle - on the same side of the family) is hitting us pretty hard.

Sean has always held a special place in my heart. At one time in our early/mid-20's, Sean and I used to hang out quite a bit. We'd frequent this super yummy Chinese restaurant near my apartment and just laugh and philosophize about life, relationships and the future. Of course, as most friendships do, we both moved on, moved away and got married. And even though I lost touch with Sean over the years, I could always count on him to give me a great big bear hug and give me a hard time in the process about one thing or another.

Sean, you will be sorely missed. I pray you are at peace and seeing your Heavenly Father's face today. I love you, man.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Erica, I'm so sorry...so sad to hear of another loss in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, I am so sorry for your loss. It is especially hard when it seems as though one has been taken from us far too early. Praying for you and sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erica, Praying for you and your family. Can't imagine, but I grieve for you. love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Erica - so sorry to hear this. Another loss so soon is really hard for everyone. Thinking about you and your family. Hugs and prayers. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.