07 December, 2009

Christmas Challenge! Day 7

Oh my goodness! I need to get some Christmas shopping done and soon. This is my last non-crazy-busy week before the kids get out of school and if I don't get my shopping done this week, or I'll be forced to make poor gift choices late at night because I've waited until the very last possible minute.

My kids don't read my blog so I can freely discuss my gift options... comments/suggestions welcome please!

Karaoke machine: Um, why is this a seasonal item? Why are they on backorder? Why can't I run into Best Buy and pick up a Karaoke machine whenever I want? Where can I find decent non-stripper-hoochie mama music for my children to sing to? Why, why, why?

Karaoke machine is on my short list... that is, if I can secure one. I never would have thought buying a karaoke machine would require me to travel to the faraway Fry's store, but I will likely be FORCED to go there. That place is like Crack for a computer nerd... and I love it there. Does that make me a computer nerd?

Gaming System: If the karaoke machine doesn't pan out, I may be forced (there's that word again...) to buy them a Wii or PS3. But, I'm not sure which one is better. Which system has the most girl games? BLAH!!!!

Trampoline: I loved my trampoline as a kid. LOVED IT. I'm sure our kids would love it too. Randy is afraid they'll break their necks on it. But, I have to remind him that our girls will not be jumping off the roof of the house onto it... because, well... they are girls. I've seen my nephew do some crazy stunts on his trampoline - like jumping off the roof, fence, etc. But, I don't foresee our girls attempting that. But, the reality is... it's stinking hot here like 300 days out of the year and we have no backyard shade. So, will they even want to go outside and use it? I dunno...

Clothes: Yep, you always knew the boxes that had the clothes in them. 'Nuff said...

Toys: We have so many Barbies and Littlest Pet Shop toys here that I'm afraid of a mutiny. No toys of this kind will be given to my children for Christmas. A board game? Maybe. I was thinking "LIFE". Loved that game.

Okay, suggestions welcome. I need help in a big way!

Be sure to check out Goodwill Gal too! I'm posting for the 25 Days of Christmas Blogging Challenge there as well!

6 comments:

  1. I have a friend who calls the Tarrytown GW, Goodwill Fifth Avenue (a la Saks). It's on Lake Austin and Exposition Blvd. A field trip would be fun, but I am swamped right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you say Fry's is far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/07/2009

    (Amanda - guess where I'm going!) Erica I get the non hoochi momma music at the Christian book stores but usually still have to be a little brave. My girl is wanting a scooter and Battle Ship and other games while I LOVE those boxes with clothes. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looved to reveive good books when I started reading - but that was in the old days... Owning a book was so much better that reading a library one. And board games - we have great fun with the new Monopoly one without money but with a credit card for each player - do you have that where you are???

    ReplyDelete
  5. A game of Monopoly Jr is a fun game for young girls. I LOVE playing it with LE and she loves having me "PAY her for her house"...LOL.
    It is a good idea to buy a game you won't mind playing... I also found several unusual card games on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love games as gifts at our house! Some of our family favorites are Cranium Zooreka and Cranium Cadoo. We also love Monopoly Jr and Bananagrams.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.