I had an awesome day with my family yesterday! I love birthdays and I make a big deal about them at our house. So, in return, the girls made a BIG DEAL about my birthday yesterday and I felt extra special!
All week long the girls have anxious for me to open up my presents they bought for me with their daddy. And all week long I've tried to get them to tell me what they bought me. Randy knowing my evil ways told them that I'd try to find out what they bought me by asking little questions here and there and finally putting the pieces together. So, he told them to answer all of my questions with, "I'm not telling you." Well, it worked... But, it almost failed and it was truly an honest question I posed to the girls.
I know how much Elisan loves to wrap presents. So, Friday night, I asked both girls if they needed to wrap the presents they bought for me and Kyla said, "It doesn't need to be wrapped because it already is wrapped." I could here Elisan say, "SHHHHHH, Kyla!!!" But, really, I didn't give it much thought.
The next morning, I awoke to a beautiful poinsetta delivered to the house at 8:00 a.m. So much for sleeping in. And after breakfast the girls gave me their presents, which was a set of gold hoop earrings and silver hoop earrings with matching necklace. It was very sweet of them (and Daddy).
Later that morning, the girls and I bundled up and headed out to the Christmas Stroll & Parade. It's the big event in Georgetown every year. It was lots of fun and a great way to spend my day with the girls.
That evening, Randy took us girls out to a fancy restaurant... well, at least fancy for us. We went to Z'Tejas grill at the Arboretum and it was very yummy! The girls were excited to be in a fancy restaurant and were on their best behavior! We had plans to go see the Macy's Christmas tree at the Domain, but the girls were complaining that they were cold and we headed back home and looked at Christmas lights in our neighborhood.Followed up with an hour of "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" and we tucked the girls into bed after an awesome family day!
Thank you my wonderful family for a great birthday!
Be sure to check out Goodwill Gal too! I'm posting for the 25 Days of Christmas Blogging Challenge there as well!
I'm sad I missed your birthday! I hope it was wonderful and glad you enjoyed Z Tejas. It is one of my favorites fancy places!
ReplyDelete