This year, I veered away from creating photo Valentine's cards as I've done in the past for the girls. This year I created actual cards for them to trade.
Since Kyla is in PK and cannot read, I went on ahead made her card ready to pass out to friends. I saw this little owl on a melamine plate at Target and thought it was cute. Re-creating it was a snap! I love the little heart feathers on it's chest!

Since Elisan is older, I knew she'd want to be able to write the names of her friends on the card. So, I added a box for her to do that. This card idea was inspired from an American Greetings card. It was also a snap to re-create! I loved making the cute lady bug and butterfly! So cute! However the first creation did not have enough hearts on it, so Elisan asked me to add hearts to the center of the flowers too!

I brought them to Kinko's for high-quality printing on card stock paper. I was able to put 4x/page and the cost was only $1.25 per sheet. Not bad and much nicer than the store bought cards!
Although not my original inspired ideas, I thought the cards turned out really cute!
These are absolutely adorable! What a cool mom you are!
ReplyDeleteOwls are so "in" this year ~ super cute!
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative and crafty. They are adorable!
ReplyDeleteVERY cute! I used an owl last year...this year's I did in Photoshop, mostly because I had time. :)
ReplyDeleteThis kind of simple and sweet stuff is best for Valentines Day...
ReplyDelete