04 February, 2009

My shadow

It's no secret that Elisan prefers her Daddy over me. And really, the are so much alike, I'm not surprised or upset over this. In fact, I think it's great they get along so well.

And, it's no surprise that Kyla Mae prefers my company. Maybe because Elisan dominates her Daddy's time and Kyla Mae is left with me. Who knows... nonetheless, through the years Kyla Mae and I have cultivated a sweet loving Mommy/Daughter relationship. Honestly, I absolutely love the special bond we share.

Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not showing favoritism... not in the least. Elisan and I have a wonderful bond too. Kyla and I are just more alike, just as Randy and Elisan are more alike.

Lately, KM has been my littlest shadow. She follows me around the house and wants my undivided attention. Two times this week, she has hung out in the bathroom while I've taken a shower just so she can be in the same room as me. Her favorite time of the day is when we all pile on the couch at night to watch TV before bed. She'll make up "our" spot with a pillow and a blanket so we can snuggle together for 30 minutes before bedtime.

I love it!

I want to remember this time in my life. Time speeds by so quickly that we often forget the little things that bring us joy. I hope by writing this down, KM will remember these times too.

3 comments:

  1. That brought a happy tear to me eye. So sweet and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/05/2009

    I hope Anja and I can someday find such a special bond. She is VERY independent, and has been since she was but months old. She doesn't like cuddling, wants to do everything her own way. But right now I think God is using her as a metaphor to teach me about my relationship with Him, so it's all a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet memories!

    Rachel wants cuddle time with me every night too. I can't say no, ever.

    You girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.