Today on the way home from school Elisan told me her job this week was "Police Patrol". She went on to say that her job was to tell the teacher the names of all of the kids who talked when they were in the hallway, walking to and from other classes and when the teacher had to step out of the classroom.
She was very proud of her 'job' and told me that she reported to the teacher the names of four kids who were talking when they were not supposed to.
I couldn't help but snicker a bit... I mean, don't you remember those days vividly? The kid who was always left "in charge" when the teacher left the room? I remember NEVER wanting to be that kid. Ever! But, true to form, Elisan loved the power and executed her duties flawlessly.
I don't know where she got that from... maybe there is a mutant gene somewhere down the line.
She's a big sister - that's why.
ReplyDelete