I got an email today from a children's clothing store that said this:
"__________ is serious about fashion, even during hard times.
We know the economy is struggling BUT please don't make your children’s style suffer! Especially during all those holiday PAPARAZZI moments!"
Then it went on to advertise shirts on sale for $48.75 and matching skirts for $46.49. (This was the sale price. The original price on the shirt was $65.00!)
It's no wonder our nation is in financial shambles. Say it ain't so...
Ummm, no, maybe why we are in hard times? But you know me, all about the hand-me-downs. So, go ahead and get two matching ones and I will take them when they don't fit your kiddos any longer. ha
ReplyDeleteThat makes me feel icky. I hate how, at every turn, it seems that someone is trying to make children not only into adults, but adult celebrities. "Let's all be like Paris Hilton!" Blah.
ReplyDeleteYou are right it is really SICK . wonder what type of people who makes up , theese advertisments....
ReplyDeleteI like kids to look cute, and even smart seen from MY point of view - but I will NEVER make them into fashion icons and can only shake my head at parents saying "my baby only wears (insert brand name) clothes". Well good for you, but guess who is NOT going to buy any for you then?? I often get my GS stuff when abroad but only because I see a Tshirt with a print he would like - and apart from a few things from a Disney store - they have all been quite ordinary "no fancy label" stuff - and luckily he loves it.
ReplyDelete