17 October, 2008

It's all God! Plus, a little Friday Fodder!

Today I was introduced to a gal at the gym who has had everything imaginable done to her regarding breast biopsies, breast cancer, chemo, radiation, reconstructive surgery, etc. She is a friend of a friend and my friend thought it would be a good idea for me to get acquainted with someone who has "been there, done that".

So, I was talking to this gal and in the course of the conversation she began telling me how her journey all began. She was telling me about her first doctor (a general surgeon) who was very wishy-washy about wanting to do a biopsy and then when she finally (practically) forced him to do it, the results were inconclusive, etc., etc. Basically what it all boiled down to was... she was not happy with him and didn't feel he was proactive enough about her health and condition. When it was finally learned that she did in fact have breast cancer, he phoned her up and said, "Well, this isn't what I expected at all." She was like, "Well, yeah!" and she's so glad she finally became her own health advocate and because of that, changed doctors ASAP!

The reason why I'm telling you all of this, is because the doctor she fired is the same doctor I was referred to by my GYN. WHAT?! Okay, freak out time! I don't want a doctor who is not going to be an advocate for my health, you know?

So, the short of the story is this... I was referred to a doctor by the mammogram tech who performed my mammogram last week and she said this doctor is amazing. So, I called up her office and I'm set to see her at the end of the month!

The gist of the story is this... GOD put that lady in front of me for a reason. I will honestly admit I don't know diddly squat about surgeons, breast disease, etc., and this gal that I met today quickly informed me that that doctor was not my best bet! So, I found someone else! I'm so thankful that I am seeing God work this out for me.

I have a feeling that I'll be an expert in this after it is all said and done, but I have no fear because I know MY GOD is directing my paths!

Okay... enough health talk. Today's Friday Fodder is brought to you by my husband. This was passed along to him at work. I don't condone or support any of this, by the way, but it is kind of funny!

3 comments:

  1. that is so funny, I got that e-mail today and post dated it for next week. Funny how things get around the internet. I am so glad you found a peer friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That is great!

    ~Liz
    www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com
    www.LovingThisMomStuff.blogspot.com
    www.JustAnotherLiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/17/2008

    That is indeed a great intervention by the Lord. I am happy that you will be seeing someone who you feel you can trust more than the other guy. I would not want to feel less than confident if I were in your shoes.

    Prayers will continue!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.