15 October, 2008

Pity Party is Officially Over!

I've had it! I'm tired of this pity party I'm throwing for myself! It's time to move up and on and stop the crying and the "what ifs?" The thing about it is this: I can't do anything about it right now anyway, so there's no use GOING THERE... because THERE is no where I want to be! Right?

And, I've lost 4 pounds in less than a week. That's no good. It's time to get on with the business of living!

So, a brief update: Doctor appointment on Tuesday, October 21st. Less than a week away. I can handle that. But, still, please continue to lift me up in prayers! I am definitely needing the courage and strength that only God can provide!

So, last night we were sitting at the dining table and Randy cracked (what we thought was) an inside joke saying, "Oh man, I'm soooo hot!" I chortled a bit and didn't think anything about it until Elisan said, "Daddy, I know that hot has two different meanings. Hot, like when you are sweaty and then Hot, like that person looks good, like 'that girl looks hot.'"

Um...What? I demand to know WHO IN SECOND grade is filling my daughter's little innocent mind with trash talk? I mean, it's one thing for Randy and me to joke around, but for 7 and 8 year old kids to be using the word "HOT" as a descriptor of other 7 and 8 year old kids? Well, that's just wrong, wrong, wrong!

What's next? Going steady? Dating? Ugh!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/15/2008

    Oh dear. I fear for what second graders will be doing/saying by the time Anja gets there.

    Will continue to pray for peace and good reports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't blame you for the pity party. But I do agree that it does need to end at some point. You are doing everything you can and what is going to happen will happen. You have no control of it. What you can control is elevating this to the next level and you have done that with the new doc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, E, Bravo! I love your attitude and applaud your tenacity to go forward beyond the "WHAT IFs." Think of how much time in our lives we've wasted worrying about things that have never come to pass. No matter what the result is, I know you will handle it with extraordinary grace and faith . . . because that's who you are and what you do. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.