Didya know that gas prices are like totally high? I paid $3.45/gallon last week. YIKES!
This is going to sound so prima-donna-ish but I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. If I need gas, I get it. I never worry about the cost because it goes on the credit card, which Randy pays, so I don't really 'see' the money that is spent on gas (or groceries, etc.)
Make sense? No?
I know what you are thinking and it's true. Oh, yes... I'm that wife that knows nothing about the bills. Or, the amount of money that we have in our account. And, Lord, I know nothing about the stocks. Yes, I know. I'm a kept woman. (And don't worry, I've heard it all... you can't offend me.)
So, anyway, I was at the gas pump, pumping out $60+ dollars of gasoline into my mini-van and I was astonished at the gas prices. I immediately thought back to my college days when $5.00 could give you a 1/2 tank and 3-4 days of joy riding. I can't imagine being a college student right now just trying to put gas in my car. The equivalent today, would be nearly $25 for that same 1/2 tank!
So, once school is out and my 50 mile/day commute is over for a few months, I'm going to make a concerted effort to only fill up my van every two weeks, rather than every one week.
So, what are you paying at the pump in your town and have you considered reducing your fuel intake and driving? If so, how?
I was thinking of those 89 cents a gallon days recently, too. I haven't consciously reduced my driving yet, but I think I'll try that soon. We do enjoy staying home more lately, just because. I must say, I was in the dark on how much it cost to fill the larger vehicles until I was with my sister filling up recently. My CRV gets a good 30+ mpg (and has a smaller tank) so I had no idea folks were filling up for $60 and $70 every week! Wow!!
ReplyDelete$3.50/gallon, and it stinks. That said, I'm not as upset about the cost of my own gasoline as much as I am the cost of gas driving up the cost of everything else (groceries, etc.).
ReplyDeleteAfter Anja was born, we worked it out with my office that I would only be in two days a week. This alleviates approximately 3 hours of driving in city traffic per week, so I guess that saves a bit.
OK you might FAINT now - but we pay pr liter here and it is SOOO close to 11 DKK that its scary. I think we pay 5 DKK something for you dollar - so there you are - you do the math - I graduated in language and law =0).
ReplyDeleteBut - when I have to go somewhere I take the car - unless it is not work-related - I do walk to the shops in the weekend. Off to polish my halo.
Charlotte, the equivalent would be $8.00 per gallon here. YIKES!
ReplyDeletehad to sell my SUV for a smaller, more economical car. There has to be some relief. I heard the truck drivers were in D.C. this week protesting and going before congress. It is so depressing to fill up lately, I cannot imagine how they do it!
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, I actually paid $3.39 a gallon yesterday. Sad when that gets you excited, but it did. Maybe three days prior it was at $3.51 at that same station. I felt like I was getting a deal ;)...
ReplyDelete