02 May, 2008

A Quarrelsome Wife

Did you know that the word quarrelsome is used in the New International Version of the Bible 7 times? And that five of those times it is used to describe wives? Apparrently, Solomon had a lot to say on the matter...
  • A foolish son is his father's ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping. (Proverbs 19:13)

  • It's better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife (Proverbs 21:9)

  • It's better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill tempered wife
    (Proverbs 21:19)

  • It's better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife. (Proverbs 25:24)

  • A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day. Restraining her is like restraining the wind or grasping oil with the hand. (Proverbs 27:15)
Several years ago, I read the book, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. Okay, roll your eyes if you must, but I will say that her book changed my outlook on my marriage, my life and my man. It was like I was seeing him for the first time in our marriage. What he needed and what he wanted. Oh, and how he saw me, which was huge for me...

I'm sure there are Feminazi's out there who quite literally would rather stick their finger in their own eye than go out of their way to please their man. I'm not even talkin' about sex... I'm talking about little stuff like a kind word, a loving glance and calming spirit over a chaotic home. And it's sad to know that there are miserable marriages out there that could easily be repaired if only the WIFE (yes, wife!) changed her attitude and outlook about marriage and men.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the poster-child for Dr. Laura's book! Randy and I have our difficulties, just as any other married couple... (remember, I suffer from PMS, right?!) But, I make the conscientious effort to be the wife that he desires, not the wife that he detests.

So, stop and think for a moment? Are you sending your husband to the roof or are you a blessing?

4 comments:

  1. Marcus and I are reading "Love and Respect" right now that talks about this topic. Really good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/02/2008

    Good word, Erica. It's always good to be reminded by someone that is NOT your husband about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/31/2010

    Have just ordered this book - pray for me that it works.....for our children's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/26/2011

    Wow im printing this.. i mean im the HUSBAND but i know and understand that this behavior is not good.. i have just been allowing it to happen.. wow .. i really do now think that this is not the love GOD intended for HUSBANDS to recieve from his WIFE.. thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.