Y'all know I love to cook! But, I don't love to cook anything for lunch. I like quick and easy and filling.
Since I've been watching what I eat these days, I've grown tired of the usual turkey on whole wheat w/mustard sandwich. So, I've been on the hunt for some better lunch fare.
I tried the frozen meals, but honestly, I could eat two of them at one sitting. There is just not enough food in those meals! Especially after a mid-morning workout.
Then I found this at the grocery store! I realize Progresso Soup has been around for a long time,
but what I didn't realize is that they have a new variety out that is (as my friend Cyndi would put it...) FIGURE FRIENDLY! I tried the Southwestern Style Vegetable and it was excellent! (I mean, if I am blogging about soup in a can, you know it must be good, right?!)The website for Progresso Soup lists the many varieties available in their "light" line. The Southwestern Style Vegetable entire can had 120 calories, 0 fat grams, 24 grams of carbs and 8 grams of dietary fiber. For those counting Weight Watcher points - that's 0 (zero, zip, nada!) points!
It sure beats the plain 'ol sandwich. I can't wait to try the other varieties!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.