As you know, I joined the YMCA about 8 weeks ago. And let me say, that I love it. I love working out and I love being able to drop my kids off for a 1.5-2 hours each day while they play with other kids. It is truly a WIN-WIN!
I've lost weight, I feel great and wearing a bathing suit is no longer a daunting experience. Mama's got her bounce back!
So, when I saw a class that the Y offers for people who want to learn how to do Spinning (or Cycling) Classes, called "Begin to Spin", I signed up for it! I mean, I can 'begin' to spin, right?
The first few classes we barely even got on the bike. There were about 12 people taking the class and we mostly talked about form, posture, bike set up, etc. Truthfully, I was getting a little bored.
Then, we slowly began learning skills, like interval training, climbing hills, endurance and sprinting. I noticed that the class attendance started to drop and that my bum was really sore.
Last night, we had our 2nd to last class in our training course and put all of the training skills together. Oh, and there were only five people in the class - does that tell you something?
Let me tell you that "Yes!", I survived the class, but my bum did not. I can barely walk today. I even have one of those fancy double padded gel bike seats and STILL! My rear could not take it.
Everyone tells me that once you get the butt callouses, spin class is fun. Butt callouses? Fun? Maybe another time.
So, I think I've entered the "No Spin Zone".
I'll attend the last class, because that is the kind of person I am... I stick with my commitments. But, will I attend the regular (non-beginner) spin class? Yeah, I don't know.
I'll check with my bum and get back to you.
What's the good of having a nice butt if it hurts to let your hubby touch it! :-) (I should be censored)
ReplyDeleteLOL - At least now we know why the Tour de France guys often stand up while cycling up a mountain.
ReplyDeleteSpinning is popular here too, but the thought (not to mention odeour)of 10 people in a tiny room is a bit too much for me to take in. I mean they wipe the sweat of the floor when they are finished - YUCK.
Have you been wearing the padded shorts? They help a lot according to DH.
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you and you looked awesome last night, skinny waist too, sorry I was not checking out your butt.
ReplyDeleteI promise your butt will not hurt if you keep it up!!:) And you will LOVE the results. I'm so proud of you:)
ReplyDelete