Kyla has a sparkling personality!
Why do I say this? Because while Elisan was away visiting her grandparents, she shined! She was funny, bouncy, silly, talkative, happy and sweet. I've always known that Kyla was all of those things... and more! But, oftentimes, she is overshadowed by her big sister.
It was a strange and remarkable transformation on Sunday as I picked Elisan up from her week long stay. Kyla, of course, was ecstatic to see Elisan and they hugged and kissed and danced around, excited to see each other. But, as soon as the "newness" wore off, Kyla turned into a crying lump of an emotional mess... clingy, weepy, sad, etc. because they immediately began to fight and Elisan even told her, that she didn't love her anymore.
After having sat Elisan down and told her that what she said was hurtful and wrong, nothing changed. They still fought.
So! What'd I do? I cut our trip short by two days, packed up our stuff and headed home.
Five hours later, we were home and everything was back to normal. No crying, no whining, no fussing, no fighting.
I realized that the culmination of Elisan having a week of no structure OR routine turned her into a little bully. And, Kyla having had a week of structure and routine AND 100% of my undivided attention turned her into an emotional mess.
So, we're back to my little semblance of normalcy. All is right in our world again.
That is just too funny. We did the exact same thing this past weekend when picking up Clayton from Grandma's. I cut my trip 2 days short and things did get better once we entered neutral territory!
ReplyDeleteJoannah