22 June, 2007

Musings of a 5 year old

It's no secret that Elisan is a worrier. She gets that from me, I am sad to admit.

Most of our conversations revolve around her worrying about something and questioning the possible outcomes, etc.

Here's a prime example...

Today, we are heading to Ms. C's house for a weekend trip. She has worried herself (and me!) about this trip all week.

Earlier in the week, she asked me what was she going to do if Ms. C didn't have the kind of cereal that she liked to eat for breakfast. I told her that I'm sure Ms. C would have plenty of selections to choose from and that she needn't worry about it.

But, of course, it didn't stop there...

"Well, Mommy, I like waffles. Maybe Ms. C can make me waffles for breakfast."

Me, "We'll see. I'm sure she'll have stuff that you like."

Elisan, "Or, maybe you can call her and see if she can buy some 'K' cereal for me."

Me, "Elisan, how about we not worry about it anymore."

(Insert lightbulb moment here...) Elisan, "Or, maybe... I can just eat what Joey likes to eat! That would be a great idea, right Mommy?"

Me (exasperated!), "Yes! That's a great idea!"

1 comment:

  1. Too funny!!:) Tell her not to worry I have lots to choose from for breakfast!!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.