Nope. My guilty pleasure is not in some kind of delectable chocolate truffle. Nor is it shopping... although, I must admit, I do love to shop.
My guilty pleasure is not soaking in a long hot bath, reading a magazine cover to cover. And, it's not getting a much needed pedicure.
Nope. None of that... although, that all sounds pretty nice.
My guilty pleasure is stealing away in my craft room for an hour in the afternoon. And why is that? Why do I feel guilt?
I don't know... perhaps it's the dirty floors that need to be swept, or the laundry that needs to be finished up and put away. I don't know... but more and more, I feel 100% guilt ridden when I sit down at my table with a craft idea in mind.
That totally bugs me too. I want to be able to be creative, do something creative, do something for me... And you know, the only time I don't feel guilty... is when I'm doing something for the girls - like making hairbows, bracelets or pillows, etc. Because that's for THEM. But, when it comes to me doing something for me? Forget that.
Sheesh. How did it come to this? Am I the only one who feels this way, or am I just totally losing touch with reality? Is it possible to steal away an hour, in the waking hours of the day, taking time from my kids without feeling guilty? Anyone?
I absolutly can relate to what you are saying, most of the time the last place I should be is my sewing room and it is usually the one place I want to be....sigh...Thanks for expressing it so well.
ReplyDeleteyou read my mind ?! sounds like me - exactly from bath time to sewing room ! it must be something about being a loving Mom ! Just came across your blog and I really like your posts !
ReplyDelete