For the last year, at least two of my posts have been about the grocery store. (Read about them here and here.)
Yet again, a post inspiration centers around the check-out line.
Yesterday, I had some last minute shopping to do before my folks and two nephews arrive for their 3 day stay. I needed to get those items that are a must for two growin' boys - soda, chips... you know, the staple food.
So, I get to the line and I see the check out guy doesn't have anyone to bag the groceries for his lane.
(Sidebar: If you are reading my blog and do not live in Texas where they BAG YOUR GROCERIES for you...well, I'm sorry. It's just another reason to love living in Texas!
I didn't realize this was NOT normal, until I moved out of Texas!
But, at least in Minnesota, they provided the bags! In Denmark, heck... you had to buy your own grocery sacks AND then bag them yourself! Hmph! Europeans! But, I digress.)
I happily jump in and begin bagging my own groceries because I didn't want to hold up the line with all of my stuff piling at the end and no one there to bag it.
So, I'm bagging my stuff, albeit, not properly, and a girl comes up and tells me she'll take over.
Well, then I noticed, that she is taking my stuff out of the grocery cart and is re-bagging it. Um? Hello?
I mean, I know I didn't do it right, but geez, y'all were short handed! I was helping you! And now... you are showing me, that I was doing it wrong!
Okay, so I was put in my place, that I don't belong in the bagging end of things, but that's okay. I mean, I hated bagging my own stuff in Minnesota and in Denmark.
So, from now on... I'll let my stuff pile at the end and hold up the line! That will show 'em!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.