13 July, 2006

Oh! The Pressure!

So, for those that know me, know that I put a lot of pressure on myself, but I've been getting better.

I've got a church dinner club party on Friday, a church team party on Sunday (at our home!) and a lunch with two church friends (here!) on Tuesday.

For someone like me... that's pressure!

The last few dinner club meetings I've attended, I've brought excellent side dishes and three, count them, 1-2-3, fresh homemade dips and salsas! I so totally rocked on this one! But, for this one...I'm blank. I can't repeat what I made the other times, but they were sooooo good, that I kind of want to take the low-road and duplicate my genius!

Okay, so the team member party here at the house will be a lot of fun, IF, I can keep myself from fretting over everything. That, in and of itself, will be a challenge. I figure, if only the downstairs is clean, that will be good enough. Everyone is bringing a snack to share, so the food will be handled by the group. Drinks - no brainer... Soda all around!! But, I just know I will clean, clean, clean until the minute they walk in the door, so I'll be so totally exhausted! Oh, the joy of hosting!

The lunch - well, it's a working lunch to brainstorm ideas. Shouldn't be too stressful, but I'm preparing the meal. I'm planning on doing this yummy light pasta salad, but it has every veggie imaginable. Okay, well maybe not every vegetable imaginable, but close. One of my biggest pet peeves is making something and seeing the people who are eating it, pick out the items they don't like - like olives, onions, tomatoes, etc. Okay, so the pet peeve is not really with them, it is with me, because I didn't make a dish that everyone RAVED about. Oh, the horror!

As I'm sitting her making my grocery list, I know I've got nothing in my mind that will blow everyone away. So, if you are reading and have a 'blow-them-away' recipe, please share. But, it has to be a SIDE DISH for Friday and a LITE LUNCH IDEA for Tuesday.

Okay! So, I'll be waiting, but I only have until 9:00 a.m. TODAY before I head out to the grocery store! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/14/2006

    How about green bean casserole? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.