Over two weeks ago, Randy came home and said, "Hun, we're going out! The company is rewarding my team for work that we accomplished and they are treating my crew (and one guest) to dinner."
Okay, first of all... Randy's company spending frivolous money? Is the sky falling? Second, spending frivolous money on guests? The sky is falling!
So, I get busy working on getting a babysitter, because this is truly a monumental event to be included on a business dinner/reward thingy/spouses invited/at a fancy resturant.
I send out one email - get rejected. Second email, rejected. Third email, rejected again! It is soon becoming comical.... Fourth email, rejected. I think I sent out a total of 7 emails to some of the teenagers from church and NUTHIN'! Not one person could babysit for us - on a Monday night, no less!
It wasn't like I was trying to set up a babysitter for New Year's Eve, the day of... it was for a Monday night! Argh!
So...the gist? I didn't get to go. But, Randy promised me that he'd take me out on another night, once I could scare up a babysitter!
Meanwhile, Randy rolls in around 11:00 p.m. from his dinner. He has learned not to gloat about the yummy food that he has had, unless he is asked...which I did, because I have to be able to "gauge" the amount of food he ate, to the amount of money that was spent so that he can make it up to me.
I mean, what's the point, if I cannot go to an equally yummy/expensive resturant as he did?
What? What was that? Am I keeping score, you ask?
Ummmm, yeah, you're darn tootin' I am! I'm totally immature that way.
And I wonder why Randy calls me "spoiled" sometimes!
Shame on you for not calling me!
ReplyDelete