It's already back to school time at the Wagner household.
We had such a wonderful summer and I am sad to see it end. I truly enjoy having the girls home with me during the summer. I feel like a big 'ol mother hen, having the chickadees at home with me. That's the way it should be... or at least, that is how I feel. There are days that I feel that I would have been perfectly content to have homeschooled them, but then I realize that I am not equipped to teach. So, off to school... and the world they must go.
I enjoy the summers because it is a time for them to get back to the basics. By the end of the school year, it seems they are so tired, stressed out and moody. Plus, we get the added bonus of attitude and mouthiness, to which I blame their friends. It's true as I've seen it time and time again. Once summer hits and they've spent the first two weeks at home, the attitude and mouthiness completely disappear. Like, it's a stinkin' miracle! So, yeah... I'm never too excited to see school start up again.
The last couple of weeks I have watched Elisan talk incessantly about high school. She is so super excited to be a Freshman! I'm glad to know that she loves school as much as she does. Granted, her graduating class will be less than 30 students so her "idea" of high school is a bit skewed. A friend of mine said her kid's 9th grade class at Round Rock High School was over 900 kids. That just blows me away. JUST THE 9TH GRADE CLASS! I think Elisan's hair would catch on fire if for some reason we had to enroll her in public school. I just feel blessed that we are able to continue her in private school where she can receive a solid CHRISTIAN education, that values morals and Christ-like behavior.
Kyla has been a bit reluctant to starting school again. Although she's a really smart kid, she had an incredibly busy year last year with her school schedule, school sports, club soccer and additional training she did. She literally did not have a break all.year.long. It was maddening for me to watch, but she and Randy were all gung-ho about it. However, by the end of the school year, she was done. She was done with her extra training, done with her select team (they weren't a nice group of girls to spend time with - on or off the field...) and the school work seemed never ending. She was tired and I feel, we, as her parents were to blame. I think that is why she was reluctant to start up again. Not necessarily school as much, but the crazy schedule that accompanies it. But, this year, Randy and I are working to make it not as stressful on her. Plus, we encouraged her to take study hall as an elective this year to help with the homework/study load.
All in all, I think it will be a great year for both of them.
This year, I am planning on taking off from most of my volunteer roles I have accumulated over the the years. Last year, I was homeroom mom (3rd year in a row), Booster Club board officer (2 years in a row), track coach (4 years in a row) and graphic designer of all things Booster Club related (two years in a row).
In my now free time, I've signed up for a new Bible study called "Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When He Speaks" by

Very Nice article. I hope you will publish again such type of post. Thank you
ReplyDeleteBusiness Setup Services in UAE
Business Setup Consultants in Dubai
Business Banking Consultancy in UAE