13 September, 2013

Blog Brain Dump

Y'all.  Clearly I have not been around blog-world lately.

What do I have to say for myself?

Well.  Nothing.

I could tell you how crazy busy I've been and how blogging has not made it on my to-do list.

Instead, rather... I'll give ya a quick summary of all things going on 'round here an then wait another 3 weeks before I post something random on my little piece of real estate.

Soccer is in full swing.  The girls have played in several tournaments these past several weeks and both teams have placed first!  Pretty cool stuff for this mama.


Doesn't Kyla's coach look like Hugh Jackman?

Speaking of soccer... last week, we were at a game in waaay south Austin and sitting on the sidelines on the next field over was Melanie Shankle (or The Big Mama blog, writer of "Sparkly Green Earrings", etc.)  I really wanted to go and say hello, but I lost my nerve.  I'm know... I'm a dork.  Perhaps if Kyla's team plays her daughter's team (which is a real possibility, then maybe I'll work up enough courage to say hi.)

I've been doing a lot of freelance graphic design work for the girls' school.  It's been a lot of fun and I love to volunteer from the comforts of my own home. But, honestly, that has kept me extremely busy and any free time is spent... well, playing Candy Crush.


And if I'm not playing Candy Crush, then I'm watching "Scandal" on Netflix.  LOVE this show.  It has some adult content in it, so it's not appropriate to watch with your kids... or your parents.  But, it's quick paced, fast dialogue which I love and twisty plots.  FUN!

My hair is in desperate need of a cut.   It still has shape and layers, but the longest part is to my waist.  TO. MY. WAIST.  I found out my all time favorite hair stylist moved back to the area and I have been remiss in calling her to set up an appointment.  But, goodness, I definitely need to or else I'll be sitting on my hair in another month or two. 

I'm still bike riding and I found an awesome trail that is 13.50 miles long round trip.  Which is awesome.  However, yesterday just as I was making the 6.5 mile trek back to my car, I got a text that read, "Elisan just threw up at school.  Please come and pick her up."  Um... I'm 6+ miles from my car in the middle of the woods.  Hmmm...  

Needless to say, I hauled butt back to the car (in record time, I might add).

She had taken some allergy meds that didn't sit well on her tummy and ended up tossing her cookies.  In class.  She was mortified.  So, she came home with me and we spend the day contemplating throwing up in class versus having an uncontrollable number 2 accident at school.  We agreed that throwing up was indeed the way to go.

So, Texas A&M is playing Alabama tomorrow.  And as luck will have it, we'll miss parts of it because we'll be heading back home from a San Antonio soccer game.  Randy has already warned us that there will be no looking up scores or game details.  Sigh... he takes out all of the fun for me.  (Somebody text him the score... haha!)

So, that's it.  We're busy.  Busy as a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest.  Yep.

Gig 'em Aggies.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Elisan - but you're SO right - number 2 would have been worse. I sat next to a grown up on the return flight from France last month - he was sick too (just airsick - nothing bad) - not a pretty sight and he was sooo embarrassed too. Did I tell you our good friends (young couple with two kids) are moving to Indiana next month for 2-3 years. Great adventure for entire family - but GEE we will miss them. =0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell her I had a student throw up in my lap one year. It was pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will visit again tomorrow to see a new photo of Kyla - the soon to be birthday girl - at least this way I am the first to say Happy Bday hope it will be a super day. Hugs Ms Charlotte and Mr Kjel =0)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.