10 October, 2012

Nine


Happy Birthday Kyla!  You are such a special girl! You are so beautiful, kind and thoughtful and I'm proud to be your mama.

Kyla you are so independent... it actually scares me a bit.  From the day you were born you did things YOUR way and in YOUR timing.  That can be somewhat challenging for us, your parents, but it makes you a strong person.  A fighter!

You are so much like your daddy that if anyone tells you you can't do something, you show them that you can!  And that you can do it well.  I love that about you.  I don't want anything to stand in your way of your dreams.

You are definitely the comic relief around our home. You are hilarious.  I mean... you are so stinkin' funny.  The other day I was telling Elisan to "smile like she meant it" and you said, "yeah Elisan, smile like you farted!"  You thought you would get in trouble for using the "f" word, but I was so busy laughing until I cried... I let that one slip that time!

If I had to compare myself to you, I would probably say that you are a people-pleaser like me. You work hard to earn the respect and love of other people.  But, be careful to not let people take advantage of you.  People pleasin' people oftentimes get their feelings hurt when others don't return the same amount of respect and care that we give... so just remember that sweet girl and don't let it change the way YOU are.

And finally... your daddy and I are amazed at your sheer athleticism. I know that there are people out there who would say that you can't determine if a person is athletic or not at age nine.  Well, I'm here to say that yes you can!  Daddy and I look at you in awe... knowing that you have the athletic potential to do anything you set mind on to do.  And, you have the potential to do it well!  All it takes is hard work and determination... both of which we already know you have.

So, baby girl... dream big... dream high... and don't stop dreaming.  We love you so much.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/11/2012

    A very happy birthday to Sweet Kyla from the Erickson crew. Seems like schedules do all they can to take time from seeing precious friends. "Parting makes the heart grow fonder" We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A BIG but very delayed HAPPY Birthday - where did the little girl I used to carry around go?? 9 means you're the same age as our GS Elias (he was 9 in March). Hope your party was fun? Sorry I didn't write on the day - but I was in hospital with acute kidney stone and is not home sick with an infection. RATS nothing I would ever wish on anyone - but on antibiotics with the blessing of the adverse affects that gives me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.