Wow. Eleven years old. I can't hardly believe my eyes.
Elisan, you've become such an extraordinary young lady. You are beautiful... inside and out. Your intelligence amazes me each and every day. You are a loving, kind and caring person. There are days when I strive to be more like you. God has truly blessed our family with you and I cannot imagine life without you in it. You make our lives brighter with each passing day.
You are so incredibly like your mom and you are so incredibly like your dad. In fact, you are a perfect cross-section of both of us. There are days when I sigh and think to myself...'you are soooo like your daddy!' and I'm sure your daddy does the same. I love that I can look upon you and see myself, because you represent the best part of me.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't hear belly laughs from you... along with cheerful giggles and general happiness. When you see a smiley-face anything, you always remind me that a smiley-face represents who you are...
Today I reminded you that you have 6 more years with us before you head off to college and live on your own. You sighed and said, "I don't want to do that." And I reminded you... "Oh, you will sweet girl... you will." But rest assured, sweet girl, I will embrace these days and the coming 6 years with all my heart because I love you with my entire heart. You are my heart.
So, happy birthday sweet girl. I love you!
Mom

OMG how could I forget that. HAPPY Birthday sweet Elisan - we will print off this photo and replace the much younger version of you we still have on our wall in the kitchen together with the rest of the kids from our family. Hope you have a lovely day and SO sorry I got caught up in holidays and work and forgot to send you a card. I normally get a warning when Mummy writes about the plans for your party - that will be my excuse. =0)
ReplyDeleteSorry to be a few days late... Happy Birthday Elisan! A beautiful description of a beautiful girl! It seems so long ago that we were welcoming our 1st August Babies and yet time has flown by.
ReplyDelete