01 August, 2011

Total Brain Fart

Yes.... I said the word FART on my blog. I'm sure that will increase the traffic to my blog 10-fold... of prepubescent boys.

So, Elisan's birthday is coming up. After long discussion, we decided to have her party on a Saturday night (Aug 13th). Her actual birthdate is Friday, August 12th.

While we were in the decision making process, I created the first invitation to read Friday, August 12.

Well, apparently I didn't overwrite that file because when I placed the order for her cards, I mistakenly ordered the Friday invitations and not the updated Saturday invitations.

Being the blond that I am... (pause) Being the blond that I am... and the fact that I NEVER proofread... EVER! I didn't notice the invitations read Friday, August 12 and not Saturday, August 13th.

I got an RSVP the other day and the mom was going on and on about some possible upcoming conflicts (yadda-yadda) and mentioned that Friday should work for their schedule.

It wasn't until TWO days later that I stopped and thought to myself that I had better reread that invite. Sure enough... I mailed out the Friday invites.

What's funny, is that we have a volleyball game on that Friday night at the same time I scheduled the party. We would not have even been here!

I think to avoid looking like a ninny, we're going to skip the volleyball game and go with the party instead.

I think I've spent too much time in the sun!

3 comments:

  1. Lorrie8/01/2011

    Okay this made me laugh outloud! I think rather then a blond moment, it was a busy wife/mommy moment. Nonetheless thanks for a great laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Glad you caught it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well engineers can't spell and blonds don't proofread - guess you saw that one coming... =0)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.