15 April, 2011

Blog Brain Dump Friday Edition

Hi All!

Quick. I need to brain dump, but I don't have much time. Bullet points only.

  • I had success clothes shopping. Pictures to come later... if I remember.
  • A new family rule was incorporated at our house and it is not going over well. In order to have dessert, one must have had exercised that day. i.e. soccer game, team sport practices, etc. If not, then one must run a 'family mile' with daddy (or mommy or both). The new rule brought tears to the girls' eyes... but, they've only declined dessert once. They've actually been running the mile! (Hey, whatever doesn't kill you will make your stronger... or build character... or cut caloric intake... whatever)
  • So, I'm trying to begin eating clean(er). Oh you know, the whole "eat clean" diet. I can't go whole hog, but I can do more around here in the way of meal prep, etc. Last night, we had (super lean) steak and veggie kabobs and fruit salad. Yummy... and "clean". I just can't give up meat. Don't even go there.
  • The girls had their "Jog-A-Thon" today. Both girls missed the 'most laps run' in their class by a fraction. Kyla missed it by one lap. Elisan missed it by 2 laps. I guess the family mile is beginning to pay off.
  • Speaking of laps run, I was a lap counter today. My job was to count the laps of the five students in my group. One little girl questioned my lap counting skills not once, not twice... but at least 10 times. I finally gave up and told her to put down the number she thought she had run. Nice.
  • Glad it's a Friday.
  • That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Love the dessert idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever ide - some days I would pass on the dessert - but that because being back to work is cutting into my free time for sure =0) But I love every minute of it - and sorry for being MIA - I will start reading blogs again - but I do leave home EARLY in the morning to escape the rush hour traffice towards Copenhagen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.