You know what else I love about my husband? Is that he remembers stuff that I don't remember... like how I felt/reacted when I've been overwhelmed. Or, when I've been stressed out... Or when I've been over-committed. And he's not harsh about it. He gently points out that his concern for me outweighs the temporal satisfaction I (we) may achieve by something that is not a good fit for me (us).
Because honestly... I'd take on the world. I'd sign up here, sign up there, volunteer here, volunteer there, over-achieve here, over-achieve there... you get the point. But, right now, I'm at a place where there is balance and because of it, everyone is balanced. My kids are full of joy. I've got the smartest kids on the block, bringing home straight A's. My husband is cared for. Our home is a welcoming safe haven. And I'm happy.
I'm so grateful for a husband who knows me and knows what I need when I can't see the forest for the trees.
Thank you Randy for letting me be me and not feel guilty for "just being a stay at home mom/wife." This is my season now and it's good.
You two compliment each other! That is an awesome thing! :)
ReplyDelete