
About a week ago, Elisan and I began reading "Between Us Girls: Fun Talk about Faith, Friends, and Family" by Vicki Courtney (for ages 8ish-12). We'll pile up in her bed and read a couple of articles or take a fun quiz. We have open and honest discussions about the things in life that she is concerned about, in a fun, engaging way. It's been such a wonderful bonding time for us... AND, she's excited about it.
The book is in a magazine style format, but it's not a magazine. It's more like a book. But, the magazine style is very appealing to Elisan. It makes her feel grown up.
If you are looking for a neat resource to share with your daughter, I would strongly encourage this book.
I've been sort of patiently waiting for Jse to be old enough for this one. LOVE Vicki Courtney's stuff.
ReplyDeleteWe found these a couple of months ago and my daughter just loves them ... she devours them up! :)
ReplyDelete