05 July, 2010

Road Trip 2010

On Saturday, our plans to visit my brother and his family in San Antonio ended up being canceled, so Randy suggested we take our road trip to College Station instead.

Randy has been wanting to show us around the A&M campus for a long time, but with our busy schedules, we just haven't found any spare time to make a day trip.

Saturday proved to be an excellent day for road trippin'. We arrived at College Station and as soon as we stepped out of the van, it stopped raining and we had a nice stroll around campus in...get this... 78 degree weather. People, that is virtually unheard of in Texas. In July. In the afternoon. It was bliss!

It's true! 78 degrees!


College Station, here we come!


Here is Randy and the girls at Kyle Field.


Randy and the girls with the 12th Man.


The girls and I in front of Kyle Field.


Look at this magnificent oak tree!
The limbs were on the ground in some places.


On one of the statues on campus was that of Lawrence Sullivan Ross. He was a Texas Governor and also a President of Texas A&M. He often tutored students and only charged them a "penny for their thoughts". Students will place a penny on his statue as it is meant to bring good luck, especially during finals.


Randy's old dormitory.


The girls at Randy's dormitory entrance, "I" ramp.


The girls underneath the clock tower.


Kyla at the College of Veterinarian Medicine.
She wants to be a vet, so she wanted to take her picture in front of the school.


Just being silly!


No trip is complete without a visit to Wings 'N More.
The wings here were the best!


We had a great time on our road trip!
Thanks Randy for sharing a part of your world with us!

4 comments:

  1. Where was Kyla's A&M shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! :) Looks like you all had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oak is the Century Tree.

    Tell Randy I lived in H Ramp, corner room. And what years was he there, I had friends in I ramp.

    And right in front of the Dry Bean is where Catherine and I met.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dan,

    Randy was there from 91 - May 95.

    I remember Randy calling that tree the Century Oak, but I kept wanting to refer to it as the 100 year oak - which sounded lame...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.