12 July, 2010

Meet George Jetson

While Elisan and Randy were sick last week, we watched entirely too much television. It's what you do when you are sick, right? That, and hold bedside vigil next to your ailing loved ones while they bark orders at you. I'll be honest here, my bedside manners were threadbare by Saturday.

But, back to the television part.

We were running out of shows to DVR, so Randy noticed "Tom & Jerry", "The Jetsons" and "The Flintstones" on the Boomerang network so we began recording these shows. And you know what? They love watching them. The content is a bit older for them, yet, it's still innocent to a degree. Sure, there are a few off-color jokes at times, but for the most part, it's a far cry better than "Spongebob" and his incessant laugh. I'm not sure about "Scooby Doo" and the fear factor potential, but I may record a few episodes just to see how they like it.

Now, if I could find some "Bugs Bunny" episodes, we'd be set for a long time.

In other news... Elisan's fever finally broke Sunday a.m. The whole illness thing was interesting. She had fever for 5 days and no other symptoms. She didn't eat hardly at all and the lack of food was what concerned me the most. But, she woke up on Sunday morning without a fever and asked for breakfast. Weird. I'm just thankful she's better.

Yesterday I made the trek to WalMart and Office Depot to buy school supplies. $60.00 later, we still have three items to buy, but for the most part, we are done. I remember as a kid loving the trek to buy school supplies. My friend Heather, a teacher, wrote a great blog post about school supplies. You can check it out here: Heather Said So.

And for those wishing to save a buck or ten, here is an Office Depot printable coupon for $10 off a $25.00 or more purchase. This was great for us, since there were a few specialty items on Elisan's list that I couldn't find at WalMart.

Switching gears entirely...

While I was at WalMart, Elisan and I perused the sports bra section for girls. Since I'm well-endowed and have been since I was prepubescent, I have been preparing her for the same. I know... it seems unfair to have to talk to my girl about this at (almost) nine, but here's the deal... Because I was well-endowed, I was VERY self conscious. All. The. Time. I don't want her to feel the same way I did. And way back when I was a little girl, I don't recall stores carrying sports bras for little girls. So, in effort to make this transition easy on her, we bought a three pack of sport bras for girls. I told her she doesn't have to wear them unless she wants too and that they were there for her, just in case. She seemed perfectly content with that and honestly, so do I. If I can help her to avoid any of the pain and humiliation that I felt growing up as a girl, then I'm going to help her anyway I can. There will be plenty enough times when I can't help her, so I'm going to jump at the chance to help her when I can.

Okay, so this post is entirely too long already. I'm signing off for now. Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Just play nice.